Year 2 Activities
Below are some ideas and activities for children in Yellow Class who may need to isolate.
Phonics online games
https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ is a fantastic resource that we use a lot at school.
We are working on phase 3, phase 4 and phase 5 sounds.
Here are some links to games:
To help with the spellings we are learning, the children all have a log in for Spelling Shed. Here is the link for Spelling Shed: https://www.spellingshed.com/en-gb/
Please continue to read with your child.
Oxford Owls has an e-library you are able to access. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
Some of our colour-coded books are also available below: https://www.manorinfant.co.uk/home-learning/
- What has happened?
- Who is the main character?
- Why do you think...?
- Count to and from 100 and from any number.
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s.
- Look for 2-digit numbers around your house. Make sure you can read the numbers.
- Try drawing the numbers by showing how many tens and ones there are.
- Try adding two 2-digit numbers together not crossing the 10s boundary, e.g. 45 + 23 =.
- Try adding two 2-digit numbers together crossing the 10s boundary, e.g. 47 + 38 =.
- Try subtracting a 1-digit number from a 2-digit number, e.g. 59 - 6 =.
- Try subtracting a 2-digit number from a 2-digit number, e.g. 48 - 14 =.
- Think of some adjectives to describe your favourite toy. What does it look like? What does it feel like? What does it sound like?
- Write a description of your toy using adjectives.
- Write a letter to someone you know.
If you need any additional resources, feel free to email email@example.com