Year 1 Home Learning
Please find below some home learning activities below for children in Year 1:
We use Little Wandle to teach Phonics at school. For more information visit: https://www.littlewandlelettersandsounds.org.uk/resources/for-parents/
For interactive Phonics games, Phonics Play is a useful resource (we are working on phases 3-5.
Here are some links to games:
Phonics Bloom allows your child to sort letters to create words in a fun interactive game.
Please continue to read with your child. Have a go at reading words in your surroundings. Explore books and describe if it is a fiction or non-fiction book.
Oxford Owls has an e-library you are able to access. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
Some of our school books are also available here: https://www.manorinfant.co.uk/home-learning/
Example questions to ask your child about the book:
- What has happened?
- Who is the main character?
- Why do you think...?
- Which part was your favourite?
- Count to and from 50 and from any number.
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s. Use pairs of socks to help you count in 2s.
- Find one more and one less of a number.
- Have a go at adding numbers together.
- Have a go at subtracting.
Use everyday objects as resources, e.g. small toy cars/dry pasta.
Maths online games:
The following online games can support your child with Maths and link with our learning in Year 1. We are working with numbers 0-50.
Number recognition: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/helicopter-rescue
Place value/recognising dienes: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/place-value-basketball
Ordering numbers: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ordering-and-sequencing/coconut-ordering
- Write a list of the things you can see.
- Write a letter to a friend.
- Write labels for some of your toys.
- Draw a picture and write labels.
- Write instructions to make a cake.
If you need any additional resources, feel free to email: email@example.com